Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 15: Cold

This theme was a little ironic at first because it got to 65 during the first day. Then the weather decided to cooperate. This is the first week's worth of photos I've done since working full time, and my photography has suffered because of it. It's much harder to find the motivation and have time for the creativity when you're working all the time. Oh well, I have to remember that the purpose of this isn't to produce fantastic photos every day.

I set an ice-cube on a plate and just waited until I got the shot I wanted. This one reflected the sunlight just right. 


 Nothing says cold like bundling up...and being a ninja. Phoned this one in a bit.


I was sitting in the house the other day wondering why it felt so cold. I looked at the thermostat and it was set for 58, what the hell. The ironic thing is that our furnace crapped out later in the week and the temperature got down to 50 degrees. Fun stuff. 


We get some nice ice crystals that form on one of our windows. 


What do you do when it's cold out, ride the trainer inside. I really like shots that have both motion and stillness. 


This was a fun one to do because I had no idea how it would look until I took the shot. I put a snoot on my flash and had Amy hold it to the left of her head. It illuminated exactly what I wanted. This is normally the type of shot I would have done by myself, but it's so much easier having someone else in front of the lens. 


Alright, I cheated this week. This shot isn't from this week, or even this year. I took it after a run Amy and I did last winter in Madison. All of the ice frozen to her hair and eyelashes was from her breath freezing. It wasn't actually that cold out when we ran, but there was some perfect combination of cold and humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment