Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 30: Misc

I'm fairly disappointed with the photos this week. I don't think they're particularly bad, but they're just uninspired. Oh well, it's always good to get out and practice. The good thing is that I knew they weren't going to be great as I was taking them. So, I guess recognizing is something...

This one made the cut solely because it's a peacock out in the wild. I've never seen one out in the wild before. To be fair, I think it came from a farm nearby and might have escaped, since I saw four other peacocks fenced in on that farm. Ah well, I can hope and pretend that it's a wild peacock in Kansas.

I feel bad posting photos of flowers, just seems like kind of an easy out. Flowers are almost always beautiful and it doesn't take much skill to take a decent photo of one.
I really quite like this one. I'm realizing that I love the effect of shooting right into the setting sun. I have to make sure I don't do it too much, otherwise all of my photos will start looking the same.
Something about this one is just off. I feel like it should be decent, and the colors on the boat are great, but something about it just didn't turn out. I blame it on the HDR and the bad processing that makes the sky different colors. Or maybe just too much clutter in the background.
This was a shot I took of an old tractor. I really like it, but feel like it's missing just a tiny bit of color.
For this shot I was able to capture what I had in my head, but it seems a little out of place with the rest of the collection. I have lots of warm light photos, and then this black and white. I think it would be better standing on its own.
This one is just kind of...meh. I wanted to capture the sun reflecting off the water and needed a subject in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment