Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week 25: Misc

Trying to get back into the swing of things this week. I didn't want to go with a theme to give myself some freedom, but I think it had the reverse effect. All of these photos were taken on the same day, and it was kind of a frustrating experience. I was in a weird state of mind, and I think it came out in my photos. I was trying to latch onto an emotion instead of an actual theme, and it just wasn't happening. I came away from the day very disappointed and thought I didn't get anything good. Once I actually looked at the photos and did some editing, I found some that I wasn't too embarrassed by, so here they are.

I like patterns a lot in my pictures and I liked how this one kind of went from the bottom right third to the top left third. It seems very art school project though. Not sure.
I wandered out into a cornfield for this one. It just looked so lonely standing there.
Something about the combination of man and nature. That feels like a cop-out and a very easy theme to use.
This one was actually kind of cool. There was a band of sunlight shining through the trees onto this patch of grass that was being blown by the wind. It created a natural vignette effect. This is one of the few I actually kind of liked when I took it.
I feel like I kind of cheated with this shot. There's nothing really interesting about it, except for the fact that the colors are really vibrant. And that's because it's three exposures merged together into an HDR image. It would be one thing if the photo had meaning behind it and the HDR just brought that out more, but really it's just the HDR. 
Dandelions always look kind of cool. I was really hoping to be able to get some sort of action shot here with the seeds being blown off, but I feel like that's been done a million times, but more importantly I couldn't do it and take the photo at the same time. Even though it's played out, I totally would have done it. 
I don't know...barbed wire. Came out kind of cartooney for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment