Sunday, April 1, 2012

Week 24: Fools

Since we had a tournament this weekend called Fools Fest, and I was taking some photos anyway, I figured I would kill two birds with one stone and dedicate this post to the tournament. I tried to pick seven of my favorite from the weekend.

I couldn't take many photos, because it's hard to coach and take pictures, but I think I got a couple of decent ones. I don't take nearly enough sports photos to be any good at them. I have a hard time with action and find myself resorting to taking pictures of handlers who are standing still. It's also complicated by the fact that I try and take a quick photo, and then yell something, or I find myself watching a big play instead of taking a photo. Oh well. My number one job is to coach, so pictures are just a bonus.

So many things are awesome with this shot. I really like the framing of the two players with the disc in the middle. And, of course, Kayla's face. 

I originally thought this was going to be a throw-away shot. How often do shots of the back of people turn out interesting. But I like the fact that the focus is mostly on the Cheshire hat, with Stephanie blurred in the background. 
I'm pretty sure this girl is short to begin with, then she gets down really low on the mark. Pretty much have no choice but to throw it over the top. This must be what it's like to be tall. Jealous. 
This was kind of an interesting shot. I was zoomed all the way in, focusing on the thrower when the huck went up. I didn't really have time to zoom out and compose and focus, so I just found the receiver and snapped off a shot. I should have held the shutter down to take a series, but I wasn't thinking. I was barely able to get Mollie in frame, but I sort of like it that way. Sure, I miss the defender and Mollie jumping over her, but you don't often see this sort of shot, probably because it's bad :-)
I had to include a team picture. So proud of everyone. 
15 people for a tournament, that's awesome. I hope we've turned a corner. 
There's so many things that I like about this shot that I can't put my finger on. It's probably not a good sign that I can't pick out what I like about a photo. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment