Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 17: Excitement

I'm still trying to get the hang of taking pictures while working. I think it's getting a little easier, but I still don't have the time to think creatively. I've started trying to think about the theme while I lay in bed and I'll make notes of ideas I have. That makes it much easier to execute during the week.

We keep the door to the washing machine open all the time to let it dry out, so every time I go into the laundry room I can see into it. Lately I've noticed how interesting it looks. I took a static shot of the inside, then started to spin it slowly while keeping the shutter open. Then I took a third shot, spinning it faster. I feel like it captures the excitement (or terror) of what it would be like to be inside the washer while it is spinning.
Excitement can mean different things to different people. To me, excitement means getting a shipment of ten brand new computers from Dell. 
We have these cat figurines that shows them in an excited pose. Instead of just taking a picture of the figurine, I put two of them inside the light umbrella and fired a flash at them to give me the silhouette.
This is kind of the opposite of exciting, rolling out my IT band with a foam roller. 
More of the same, icing my knee after a run. 
This genuinely was exciting, plotting the route from Manhattan to Madison for the weekend. 
Excitement of the not-so-fun variety. After getting part way from Manhattan to Madison I tried to turn the windshield wipers on, and they didn't work. After pulling off the highway I open the hood to discover an animal had chewed off a bunch of wires and plastic. It made for a very exciting rest of the drive. This is just a small sample of his handiwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment