Sunday, September 2, 2012

Week 32: Time-lapse

I decided to do something a little different this week. I have always loved doing time-lapse photography. It's like long exposure photography to the extreme. You really don't know what you're going to get until you've edited all of the photos together and created a video. It's funny, I'm usually not a patient person. I barely have the patience to take a 30 second exposure and see what I get. And yet, I'm somehow able to have the patience for time-lapse. Don't get me wrong, it's difficult. I often have to sit out with my camera for over an hour to get a shot. And then you get back to editing and find out the shot just didn't work. But the payoff makes it worth it. Being able to see motion that's usually imperceptible to the human eye.

I've done some time-lapse in the past, but it was usually just single shorter events. I never really had the drive or the patience to get enough shots that I could piece together into a full-length clip. This week was my attempt to finally do that. I've mixed some old shots with a fair amount of new shots to get a video that was long enough, and overall I'm quite happy with it. It could certainly be better, but that's for future videos :-)



The Universe Within from David Hilgendorf on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment