Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week 27: Kansas City

For our 9 year anniversary, Amy and I decided to head to Kansas City and go to a free art museum. The museum was pretty amazing and we only saw a fraction of it because of time constraints, but I'm sure we'll go back. It's kind of weird taking photos of art, but I guess it's just like any other subject.

This was a really interesting house outside of the museum. I just really wish the railing wasn't smack in the middle of the shot. Not much I can do about it. I suppose I could try and photoshop it out, but that would be a lot of work.

 This was an exhibit inside of the museum. It was a giant egg made up of random stainless steel cooking items. I purposely had the white balance way off, thinking I would fix it in post, but I really liked the warm tint to the light, so I kept it. Hooray for happy accidents.
 There's definitely a sadness to this one that I don't remember when just looking at these statues in person. Maybe I just didn't look close enough. All of their eyes are closed, but I still feel like they're somehow staring at me.
 I found this statue creepy. It just stared right at me, so I figured I'd embrace it and stare right back.
 I couldn't get a good shot of this sculpture. The only lens I brought with me was 100mm and I couldn't get far enough away to get the whole sculpture. Even so, there was so much going on that it was hard to find a focal point. I have many different shots, but I tried to line this one up with the tree in the background to give some sort of man vs nature symbolism.

 Sunset on the drive home. Not bad considering I took the shot through the window of the car while moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment